19 September 2009

Finally!

It's official! We are moving to Washington D.C.! (well, probably northern Virginia, but whatever.)

Sam was offered a position as an assistant editor at National Geographic. Sam is finishing up his short-term contract at NatGeo next week, then we will have just enough time to head to Utah, pack up our stuff, then drive back out here for Sam to start his job next month. Today we drove around looking at apartments, and we'll keep looking all next week. If anyone has any pointers on finding housing, particularly in the DC area, we'd love your advice!

We are so excited to move out here and start this great new stage in our life. It's been a long-time coming, and we can't wait!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

I don't have any tips for finding housing, but Jeff Staker lives out there and he might know of a good place to live.
His email is jeff.staker@gmail.com

I'm so thrilled for you guys! :)

Jenny said...

Wahoo! That is so exciting! I have a friend who is from Ashburn, VA...her family is still there and I could ask if they have any tips. But, is that too far from where you'd want to be? Wow! That is just awesome! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Yea!! Congratulations! That is so exciting. Sounds like a great Job!

The Spanns said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy and excited for you!!

Lori and Matt said...

Congratulations! That's awesome! Way to go Sam! I'm sure ya'll are glad to be back in the same state again!

Joanna said...

That's wonderful! I have three friends out there that I can put you in contact with if you would like. They are all single and probably living in apartments, but I'm sure they would be happy to give you housing pointers for the DC/VA area. Let me know if you want me to get their contact info for you.

Kathleen Mangum said...

YEAH!!! I guess we'll just have to come live out there too. It seems like the hip thing to do.

Amber Volle said...

Congrats guys! Keith served his mission in Baltimore, MD and we just barely got back from a week long trip with his parents to visit there and D.C. What are historically rich place to live. You are going to have some truely memorable experiences in living in that area of the country. Good luck on the housing front. We're super excited for you guys.
By the way, we are making our blog private so if you're interested in seeing ours after Oct. 1st, please leave a comment with your email. Congrats again!

maryirene said...

hurray!!! that so fanstastic. best of luck!