21 July 2010

The Ol' Red-and-Black

Last week, Sam and I went to a DC United game.
It was insanely hot. Seriously, I don't know how anyone could actually like humidity. The heat resulted in a really fun, poofy hairdo and a bright red, sticky face for me, which I only allowed to be captured thusly: I'm just full of team spirit. That's all.

Sadly, the Seattle Sounders beat our poor United 1-0. Our team just kind of fell apart there at the end, and I found myself exclaiming "how hard is it to just get the ball in the goal?!" Clearly, with my four years of soccer experience I have room to critique their playing.
Thanks to Hannah's student discount, we were sitting in the cheering section, and let me say, there is nothing that will make you feel old like being surrounded by a bunch of drunk 18-22 year-olds. But they sure know how to get the crowd pumped!
As my first major league soccer game, this was great exposure to the sport. Next time, I am totally painting my face and bringing a vuvuzela.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I love this, I love that owl face picture. You're pib.