A view into the last week of Sam and Courtney
The Trooper
Sam is the trooper this week because he has been such a good sport about being alone. Sam has watched many movies and played many video games. He told me he even cleaned the apartment he has been so bored. He has been working a bunch this week and even had an interview for a new job this fall as a student editor at the church's motion picture studio. We crossing our fingers that they could tell what a great guy and a talented editor Sam is. Sam went to play video games with my brother, Scott, and Sam is anxiously awaiting my return.
The Traveler
I have been spending the week in Palo Alto with my sisters. My nieces have grown so much since I saw them at Christmas. I was here for my niece's 6th birthday and we had a pirate-themed birthday party for her. We all dressed up as pirates and had about 25 children running around outside searching for buried treasure. Yesterday we spent the entire day in the city. My brother-in-law took my two older nieces so it was just me, my two sisters, and my youngest niece, Sophie (1 year old). We went to the farmer's market and the arts and craft fair. We went shopping for a few hours at Union Square, an amazing outdoor mall. We ended the day with an early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. The weather has been absolutely fantastic, and I am really enjoying this break, gearing me up for school to start again on Tuesday.
Sam is so relieved to be done with school and will be working full-time all summer. In addition to his normal job as a film editor, he is also working as the producer for the feature The Adventures of Food Boy, the full-length version of the short film he made last summer. I am going to school both spring and summer terms and starting a part-time job at the BYU bindery for spring term. Starting summer term, I will be working in the Writing Center again as the grammar tutor. I also applied for an editing internship with BYU's Intercultural Outreach, so we'll see how that goes.
I'll post some pictures of my trip and our adventures in a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment