16 July 2007

The Adventures of Food Boy Begin!

Well, the filming of Food Boy starts today. It was a crazy weekend getting everything ready. Sam's sister Rachel came into town on Saturday. She is doing craft services for the movie (that means FOOD for the cast and crew). She even braved the Saturday Costco crowds and bought tons of food. She came with her friend Theresa, and they are staying with me and Sam. Saturday night Marc, Theresa, Rachel, Sam, and I went to Tucano's. I figured we should do one last fun thing before I practically don't see Sam for three weeks. It was a fun meal, even though we all overate. Sunday brought more stress when all the actors came into town. There were some rental car problems, and Marc had to make an trip to the airport to transport one actor and her family. Then I made the trek to the airport to pick up Marc's son David. (Marc is Sam's brother and the executive producer and writer of Food Boy.) After all the actors made it into town, we went to dinner at Carrabba's with the main actors and some of the crew. It was really fun to meet the actors and get to see their personalities. They seemed to hit it off, and they make a really great cast.
Sam was up early this morning for the first day of filming. I am going to try and make it to set at least once this week to see all the action. One of the Saturdays I will camp out as an extra on set-- since I can pass as a high schooler.
As for me-- just same old stuff. I am just trying to pass my classes so I can graduate . . . And I am gearing up for the release of Harry Potter 7 this Friday at midnight! I will make my way down to the Salt Lake City library for the party and over to the Gateway Barnes and Noble to pick up my book. It should be fun!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I think I'll just wait until Saturday morning... I'm not sure yet. I can't wait to read it.

Unknown said...

I really wish that we lived there so that we could be a part of all of the action. Make sure you get some autographs for me. Don't tell them it is for your 27 year old sister-in-law. It will make me sound desperate. Tell the guys good luck and happy shooting...... a film that is.

Courtney said...

I will definitely get some autographs for you! Last night I asked Sam if I could take pictures with the actors. And get autographs. He laughed at me, but then he said yes. :)

Gina said...

Sounds like Sam is getting to do what he loves. I haven't talked to him in a while. Tell Rachel "HI", or better yet tell her to email me. bcarkell@yahoo.com Sorry Courtney, you probably don't remember me but I think I met you once when you and Sam and Matt and his fam came to Wymount to visit me. I lived in the Hingham Ward with the Mangums.

Ben Arkell

P.S. If you need any tall skinny red-heads as extra's, you just have Sam give me call. 801-487-6782!!