Today Sam learned something about me that he never knew: I took guitar lessons in high school. I never mentioned it before because I think I only took two lessons. I wanted to be really good so I could play along to my Indigo Girls CDs, but then, after my two lessons, I realized it was really hard, so I quit. :) So then I had Sam list all the music lessons I ever took, and succeeded in guessing all of them!
1) Piano
2) Clarinet (Sam did guess flute first, but then he got it. I was impressed because I only played for like 6 weeks.)
3) Cello (I actually played the cello for two years and would have played longer if we hadn't moved to London, but they only had two people in their orchestra there.)
4) Guitar
5) Voice
Sam then had me guess what lessons he had taken, and I also succeeded in guessing all of them:
1) Piano
2) Guitar
3) Saxophone
The highlight of this was when Sam told me that he decided to play the saxophone because he wanted to pick up chicks. How old was he at this point? Fourth grade. That's right. Cute little fourth-grade Sam wanting to pick up chicks. I love it!
3 comments:
Dude, Sam had half the girls in our stake after him when he was in fourth grade. It wasn't the saxophone, cause I played the sax too. It was pure sex appeal.
hey! we just found out that this fun new couple in our ward is actually your brother and his wife...scott and rachel. and that tyler is just 4 days younger than leah. and that scott and ryan are now home teaching companions. such a small world!!
I know! Scott just told me about that last night, and I couldn't believe what a small world it is!
Post a Comment