04 September 2007

Farewell to . . . oops, I can't remember what we named our car

Around the time Sam and I got engaged, Sam bought our car. It is a sprite little ford escort-- the sport edition with two doors and a spoiler. It has treated us fairly well, even when we would forget to change the oil and not replace the tires when we should have. Well, I should say it treated us fairly well until Christmas. Then we had to replace the battery, the starter, and the tires. And when we took it in to get fixed, we're pretty sure the mechanic cracked the fly wheel. This was really the beginning of the end for our poor little car. Now the odometer is starting to show some depressingly high numbers. When we got it back from the shop today (don't even ask about these problems-- all I can say is that a car with an automatic transmission should not stall) the mechanic said we should get rid of that car as soon as possible-- and don't spend too much time on the freeway. We had been planning on buying a car in the next six months or so, but now I think we will be forced to buy a new car this weekend. There's nothing like a dead car to make you need a new one. And so, we say farewell to our car (why can I not remember its name?). Farewell, car. May our next car not break our hearts as much as you did over the past nine months.

This is Sam's "new car face" shortly after we purchased the car back in May 2005.

2 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Courtney! I was excited to notice your blog on facebook. Congrats on your anniversary, and sorry about the bad car luck! And by the way, you never told me you'd been to Australia, Chile, and Hong Kong!! What was the occasion for all of those??

You're welcome to check out our blog ryan-erica.blogspot.com

Love ya!

Sam said...

The occasions for travel were when I was 16, I went to Australia and New Zealand with a student travel group. There were about 40 high school students and we went for three weeks in the summer. It was awesome! I went to Chile to pick up my oldest sister from her mission. And I went to Hong Kong when I was 13 because my aunt lived there, so we went to visit for spring break! I went some really awesome places while I was growing up. It was so fun!