06 October 2007

I Wish We All Could Be California Girls

Well, we finally got our new car! On Thursday night, Sam and I went in to the dealer and traded in our car for a 2005 Saturn ION. We are loving it so far! There a few awesome features which we are enjoying, since our old car didn't have them: four doors, power locks, power windows, working heater, low miles, efficient windshield wipers.

It has been raining like crazy in Utah, and I am enjoying it. It keeps threatening snow, which I would not be excited about, but we'll see. It's not that I don't like snow, but when it snows this early, that means we have to settle in for the long haul of gray skies, and that is what I don't enjoy.

Sam is in L.A. this weekend. The Food Boy short is up for an award at the KidsFirst! film festival and they are going to let them show a trailer for The Adventures of Food Boy. I've talked to Sam a couple times, and he is having a blast during his first time in SoCal. I hope he's enjoying it so that he'll warm up to the idea of living there some day.

Things are going well for me. I started a new job two weeks ago, and it's going well. I feel pretty good except some nausea at night and some serious fatigue. I think the worst pregnancy side effect is that I don't have an appetite. I'm always starving, but nothing sounds good. It's really difficult to eat healthy foods when all that sounds good is ice cream. I am working hard to make sure I eat regularly. I have pretty bad hypoglycemia, so I need to be careful that it doesn't morph into gestational diabetes. Other than that, Sam and I are just getting really excited! We can't wait until we can start buying stuff for the baby, once we know if it's a boy or girl. And, other than Food Boy, it's pretty much all we talk about. We can't wait!

5 comments:

Marcus and Jenny said...

Hey Courtney. So. I was thinking. I didn't know Sam was gone this weekend. How lonely for you. Could you use some rolls? Ya know, the ones I made the other night? I think you could use some. Do those sound edible even during this horrible time of pregnancy? hmmmmmmmmm?

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...

Yum! Those sound so good! I think I need to get the recipe!

Joanna said...

We have a Saturn Ion, too. We love it. It's treated us well.

Ben Arkell said...

Congrats on the Food Boy award. I am excited to see the finished product.