05 August 2009

Our Swanky Digs

Our biggest thing to report is that Bria has a new favorite thing to say: "uh-oh!" She says it about everything, and it is probably the most adorable thing in the world. She's picking up a lot of new words, and mostly just trying to imitate sounds. She has been trying to figure out how to say cheese for weeks.

Also, I feel like our sleeping arrangements are pretty fancy. I mean, were it not for Bria's bed, I would never get to see faces like this:

Or this:

Bria sleeps in a port-a-crib in my closet, and it works incredibly well. Other than the occasional need for something in the closet while she's sleeping, or times when I've dropped something loudly in the room, it's gone swimmingly.
Here's Bria, in her grand chamber. And if you'll notice the hangers, those are only about 1/4 of what used to be there. When she fights a nap or wakes up, she likes to play with them and knock them down. You should see the pile of hangers on the floor behind the crib. Hmmm. Why have I just not moved all the hangers yet? I think that would be too easy. And we all know what happens when you take the easy route.

Also, last weekend, Bria had a run in with a chocolate-dipped fortune cookie.
You should've seen the cookie.

3 comments:

The Spanns said...

hahaha, thats awesome! I love the pack and play in the closet - I've done that before while traveling and it is GREAT... but the hangers do add a special touch. I also look forward to a video on here of Bria saying "cheese" :)

Jenny said...

That's how Callie's been sleeping for the past year...port-a-crib in our closet. It's not ideal I suppose, but we have a small apartment. You do what you have to do...and it's been working rather well for all of us. It's nice and dark for Callie, and she has clothes to play with when she wakes!:)

Anonymous said...

Haha!...
Thats awesome!,
I love the pack and play in the closet


___________________
Vince
Instant loans at an attractive low rates