It's been a while since I've put up a real post-- things have been a little crazy around here. I left my camera cord in Utah, so I also haven't been excited to post anything without pictures. But my brain is on overload from figuring out all the moving details, so I thought I would take some time to write about some of the good things going on to help dissipate the stress.
Sam and I are having so much fun with Bria. It has been so great to be back together, and we have also been having a great time being so close to the two of Sam's brothers who live out here, Marc and Matt. Bria is constantly saying new words, and one of her favorite things to say is "doggy," which applies to any animal or sound that could be coming from an animal. Bria is also having a blast with her cousins, and I think she is going to be pretty bored once we get into our own apartment.
Speaking of which, we're still looking for an apartment. We are getting pretty close to choosing one, and then I think I never want to move again. Finding housing has been so stressful. I'm going to admit something I never thought I would say: I have found myself actually missing Provo. The security and stability of living in a nice, inexpensive apartment in an area where I am comfortable sounds so very appealing right now. The options of places to live in and around D.C. are so endless, my brain is about to explode.
We have just a couple days left before we go back to Utah one last time. It's strange to think our real life is going to begin here in just a couple weeks. We can't wait! And then I can finally put some pictures up on the blog, and maybe even a video of Bria dancing, spinning in circles, or shouting "DOGGY! DOGGY! DOGGY!"
3 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures of everything. It will all work out and once you just choose a place and start getting settled, you will feel so much calmer...at least that is how I felt when we moved. It is stressful. But you are terrific!
I will be excited to see a video of Bria saying "DOGGY! DOGGY!" Come to think of it, maybe you should make a video of you doing it too...to relieve some stress!
Moving across the country has got to be one of the most stressful experiences! Way to be positive despite everything going on and everything you've already gone through! You guys can do it! And congrats on teh new job--NatGeo! Wow!
Yep. I just saw that "teh." Can you tell I've been working at a bank for the past nine months instead of editing? I know you don't mind :)
Post a Comment