02 September 2010

Five years ago (today!), Sam and I took the plunge in that crazy world of marriage.
We started dating when I was 19. (look at us! we were babies!) Which means I have spent over 1/5 of my life with Sam.
Sam and I nearly immediately fell head-over-heels for each other. When I told my parents I wanted to get married at the young age of 20, they thought I was a little crazy. But I knew I had struck gold with Sam.

Sam is 100% perfect for me. In every. single. way. We're actually fairly different from each other, but I could not have asked for a better match. Of course, I am also perfect for him.
Plus, we made a really cute kid.
Happy Anniversary, Sam! In five more years, I'll get to say I have spent a THIRD of my life with you. And I think that's fun.

8 comments:

Rach said...

Congrats! That is so fun. You guys are so perfect for each other! Love you!

hanner said...

aww, you guys were babies!! i look at old pics of rob and me and wonder how we looked so young. but you guys are looking good, then and now. happy anniversary!!!

Josephine said...

Happy Anniversary! You two do look really young. How fun! I ran across a contact sheet today in which you were a McPhie, and I said woah that was a long time ago. It's fun to be in a place that constantly reminding you of the past sixish years.

Jenna said...

happy anniversary! hope you guys get to do something fun to celebrate 1/20 of a century of love.

Lindsay said...

Congratulations on five years! I think you are a great match. :)

Mari Kjar said...

awww i ADORE this post. y'all are awesome. happy happy anniversary!!

Sherrie said...

Congratulations! I'm actually surprised at how quickly that went.

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty couple and a very cute little girl. Congrats.