12 November 2010

Halloween . . . finally

Our camera is on its very last leg, so we pretty much only take pictures with Sam's phone, but then I never remember to upload them. So, here we are, almost two weeks later with the Halloween post. The story of Bria's costume is that I originally really, really wanted her to be Dora the Explorer, and Sam and I would be Boots and Swiper. But, it just didn't pan out. I couldn't seem to find the right clothes, and I realized it was just going to look dumb. So, last minute, I ditched it. I finally just asked Bria what she wanted to be (maybe I should have taken that into consideration in the first place?) and the answer was a very emphatic "BALLERINA!" So I went with it.
Bria's Halloween actually lasted for quite a while. Her first event was a trunk-or-treat with Marc and Jenn's family while Sam and I were on staycation. Her 15 year-old cousin Amanda dressed up in her actual ballet costume (she's a great dancer) and took her around. Jenn texted me this picture, and I almost died on the spot, she's so adorable.

We had a mid-week pirate dance party, just to get in the spirit of the holiday:

Then we had our ward's trunk-or-treat.

Bria was giddy and wired with excitement. I was a chef.

And Sam was Mr. Clean.

We also went trick-or-treating around our neighborhood with some friends.

Bria and Kennedy quickly got a hang of things, running up and grabbing candy, then immediately shouting "NEXT HOUSE!" Eli just liked to play it cool.
Afterward they inspected their loot, and some up-late, hopped-up-on-sugar fits kicked in. In fact, those sugar fits lingered for several days until I finally just threw away all the candy. The next day when I was in a serious sugar withdrawal I kind of regretted it, but I think it really was better for everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is an adorable ballerina! She is super cute! I love halloween. I am glad you guys had fun! And Sam is a perfect Mr.Clean

Lindsay said...

You did what I never have the strength to do. Throw out the candy.

Love you. :) I love your pictures too. That one of you and Bria and the one of Sam as Mr. Clean are pretty awesome.

Megan Miley and Chris said...

She is pointing her toe! How cute is that first picture. Well they all are but especially that first one. What a sweat heart.

Amy said...

Aaron was Mr. Clean too! Your man pulled it off better though...I couldn't convince Aaron to superglue cotton balls onto his eyebrows...probably for the best.