05 January 2011

Botanical Gardens

Sam had two weeks off for Christmas and New Years, so we tried to pack in lots of fun holiday-esque outings. One included the Botanical Gardens in DC. They have a cool Christmas display with replicas of famous buildings made entirely of botanical materials. (I don't know how that is related to the holidays, but I'm not complaining.)

We had Bria's friend Carter, who I watch once a week, with us-- something I would not have attempted without Sam.
The trains were probably the most exciting thing for Bria and Carter, because apparently they can't yet appreciate fine skill required for the botanic structures.
Unless, of course, it's the Washington Monument, which Bria can recognize anywhere. She used to think Sam worked there.
We snapped a couple shots of the cool buildings, including Tikal in Guatemala, where Sam has been in real life:
And this one from Japan
Taj Mahal? I think so.
After a quick stop in Paris, we were on our way.
(Wahhhh-- if only . . . )

2 comments:

Elisa said...

This looks really cool. And I love Bria's hat so much!

Lindsay said...

That's really neat! And of course I have to imagine that Carter is yours - and how your family would be if you had Bria and then a boy.
Of course. Of course I have to do that. What good are sisters if they don't imagine all kinds of futures for you? Ha ha ha.

Love and miss you tons.