Ever since I went to New York
last spring, I was scheming and scheming to get Sam and me back there together. The stars aligned, and we took a weekend trip to the Big Apple last month for my birthday. We left Bria with Sam's brother Marc's family and took the bus from DC. One of the best parts was being able to stay in a friend's apartment while she was out of town. Right by Central Park and less than a block from the subway-- it was incredible.

We were there for less than 48 hours, but we packed in as much as possible. We went to the MOMA (Sam and I both love modern art), which was mostly incredible because I could wander at my own pace and not worry about it being boring for Bria. Amazing!

And we waited in line at the box office to get rush tickets for How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying (starring Daniel Radcliffe!). I had no idea how likely it would be for us to get tickets, and we waited for almost two hours, but it was so worth it. Front row tickets for $30! If I stood up, I could have touched Harry Potter's pant leg. Eeek!

Isn't NYC the city that never sleeps? One night after dinner, we wandered around Times Square for a while before I finally said "I'm too tired! Let's go home and go to sleep!" So we did. We realize we are now officially boring and old.

And we caught a Mets game. They were playing the Nats!

I cheered once for the Nationals before realizing how out of place I was. From that point on, all jubilation was kept inside.

It was an amazing trip-- definitely my best birthday ever. For more detail about my favorite parts of the trip (uh, that would be the food) see
here.
2 comments:
Your trip sounds amazing. You've inspired me to live it up on my birthday.
NYC is the most amazing city! Jealous of your trip!
Post a Comment