25 May 2010

The Big Apple

On Thanksgiving, my mom surprised all my sisters and me with the promise of an all-expense-paid trip to New York City. We spent the next several months planning, and we finally went during the second week of May. I was in desperate need of a vacation, and it definitely lived up to all the hype.

We packed in tons of fun things over three full days and enjoyed plenty of staying up late, laughing, deeps talks, shopping, and eating. (seriously, some of the best food I have ever eaten.)

We hit up the MOMA (including the current exhibit of people staring at each other, which elicited a variety of reactions from my sisters and mom)
Central Park!

Times Square (plus Tony award winning In The Heights on Broadway)
Eating lunch in Grand Central station
And take the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
I definitely didn't take enough pictures, but I think it was just because I was having too much fun to take out my camera. It was so fun to play with my sisters and mom without the distractions of kids, husbands, work, and everyday life. Thanks, Mom!

No comments: