04 August 2011

The Growing Girl



It's no secret that I'm a wimp when it comes to the heat. So the last couple weeks that have turned Virginia into a steam room, we've stayed mostly indoors. And, yes. It's getting incredibly boring. But this week we've had some excitement! On Monday we went to the pool in DC, where Hannah taught Bria to blow bubbles and make big kicks. Yesterday we hit up the Summer Movie Fest at our local theater for $1 tickets to see Nanny McPhee Returns (which Bria calls simply McPhie Mangum). Of course there are also daily (ok, hourly) dance parties which help squelch cabin fever.
The other "exciting" thing of this week was going to IKEA, which you might think is no big deal, but we reached an incredible milestone while we were there: Bria was able to go the Smaland Magical Forest and I shopped child-free for 30 minutes. I actually usually enjoy her as a shopping buddy, but she was incredibly eager to go, and it made her seem like such a Big Kid. This is ultimate Mom Talk I realize, but I just can't believe how fast she's growing up. Sigh.
Speaking of which, she stopped napping in the last two weeks, which has been . . . interesting. Last week I found her like this at 5 pm, while I was in the middle of making dinner. And right before I took the picture, her toes weren't even touching the ground.
She was out for the count. Needless to say, it was a late night.

7 comments:

Elisa said...

I cannot even believe these pictures of Bria. So grown up!

Josephine said...

I feel like Bria could teach me some pretty sweet dance moves.

Anonymous said...

She really is getting so big! And she is so beautiful. And I think she looks just like you!

Wendi said...

No Naps sounds really really sad. I dread that day.

Joanna said...

She is getting so big. I love the poses for the camera. Eli is starting to drop his nap, too. He is tired enough for a nap about every other day. I was totally sad at first, but then I realized that he would go down to bed early and easily on those days--and that was a nice perk.

Maren B said...

Though I've never met her in person, I feel like Bria could be my funniest friend if I knew her.

Maranda said...

Oh my gosh, it feels like you haven't blogged in forever. But I also am way behind on reading this so I guess it's just me :) Bria is entirely too cute and you're right, she's growing up too fast. Were those pictures of her dancing? Because that is just adorable. I'm trying to get Lucy to dance. I love it. Bria has the coolest personality, I love it when you tell stories about her and post pictures.