We spent all day lounging on the beach, soaking up the sun and the perfect weather (hovering just below 90 degrees all day).
We made sure to include the requisite sessions of burying each other in the sand.




The waves were awesome-- probably the biggest I've ever seen in my incredibly limited wave history. Sam spent several large chunks of time body surfing, but my one attempt left me topless on the very crowded beach for several seconds, so kept my feet firmly planted on sand after that.

Bria alternated between nervous and enamored when it came to the waves. In one particularly terrifying incident, she was swept under a huge wave, getting carried about 10 feet up the beach, all tossed and tangled under the water. We sprinted to her as I shrieked in a Mama Bear voice, but once we caught up to her, she jumped into Sam's grasp, arms outstretched and yelled "I DID IT!" I nearly cried from fear, but remain just so happy it wasn't a traumatizing experience.

We packed tons of food so we could stay on the beach until dinner time. Then we packed up, showered off, put on less sandy clothes and grabbed some pizza on the boardwalk. 
After dinner we walked around the boardwalk, stopping along the way for various entertainers. This guy was playing the steel drum and let kids come up and play his other instruments. Bria showed virtually no emotion while shaking the maracas and tambourine in time to the songs, but was ecstatic telling us all about it when she finished. 
Just after bedtime hit and our parking meter ran out, we called it a day. We picked up some deep fried oreos on our way to the car (yum!) and started the long drive home. 
5 comments:
This day sounds perfect. (Minus being topless on the beach. And Bria nearly getting swept away.) Also, I once tried a deep fried oreo at the Orem Summerfest, and it freaking rocked my world.
Topless in the water. Definitely one way to jazz up your beach trip. And deep fried oreos!! Aren't they disgustingly delicious? I tried them for the first time this summer and with every bite I kept thinking "I shouldn't be eating this." And then I ate the whole basket.
Sounds like a great day. Reading your post makes me feel like we need to get out and do more things. If only there was a beach close to Dallas!
You sound very impressively cool in stressful situations! I'm glad Bria wasn't traumatized--also impressive.
That looks like so much fun! I have totally flashed people too. Sounds like Bria is already mastering body surfing. I just can't believe you're not ready for that. hee hee.
Post a Comment