24 February 2012

Oh, hello.

I should probably apologize to my mother-in-law for not posting since New Years (!) because I know she loves these updates. So here's a slew of pictures of the darling B. I'm not promising, but I'll try to post some more specific updates soon.

The most notable update is that Bria began preschool in January.

Since the summer, when Bria gave up her nap and moved to a big-girl bed, she decided staying in her bed all night was overrated. This became quite the ordeal until finally a big fat bribe of a nightlight did the trick. Many times we'd find her hanging out in her doorway, playing with toys, half asleep, or fully asleep. This night was particularly cute, even if frustrating.

She's still killin' it with her facial expressions.

The weather this winter has been incredible. Several 70 degree days and more park days than during the summer.

I just hope it's obvious she dresses herself.

Even with the warm weather, we still get our rain and chilly days. One Saturday we ventured to Sprinkles for cupcakes. Bria was just thrilled to use her umbrella.

Bria's favorite activity is drawing. Her doodles and pictures fill all our notebooks, receipts, scraps, envelopes-- everything. Here's a self-portrait of Bria as Rapunzel on the magnadoodle. 


She's still expressing herself through dress-up. And, yes, that is my sports bra as some kind of singlet. 

She also does her own hair some days. (We also rejoined Costco, which is very noteworthy. We just couldn't stay away.)

Bria hadn't been to the doctor in . . . a while. So she had a check-up and caught up on some shots. She was a total champ! She stayed calm and happy the whole time until the nurse walked out the door, and then her little chin began to quiver and she burst into tears. Poor girl.  

She loves to use her princess headphones she got at Christmas. The best is when she shouts at me while listening to music. "I CAN'T HEAR YOU MOM, BECAUSE THE MUSIC IS IN MY EARS." (That's a real, direct quote.)

 Yesterday was another one of those 70-degree days. So amazing! We spent the entire afternoon at gravely point watching the planes take off. Bria also kept trying to get the seagulls to fly over and land on her finger. She could not understand why none of the birds were willing.


6 comments:

Josephine said...

The sports bra singlet kills me.

Jenna said...

I agree with Josephine. And I think I like a Bria update almost as much as your mother-in-law... Glad you guys are having such wonderful weather!

Elisa said...

CUTEST!

Wendi said...

I concur with how amazing the sports bra dressing up is.

Erin Horn said...

What fun pictures of Bria! She is so adorable! Ha Ha I can't get over the Sports Bra... that is too funny. Love how creative she is. :)

Allison said...

So cute and so funny! Wish we could be around her in person.