18 May 2012

More of the Four

 To round off the birthday posts, here is a highlight of Bria's birthday party. She was set on having a princess party (since about last May), and I was set on changing her mind. I finally succeeded, and the idea that convinced her was a Cake Doodle party, based on one of her favorite apps. We kept it simple with just a couple activities: lunch, cupcake decorating, and pin the candle on the cake. The genius of the party was holding it at a park, because the kids spent the majority of the time on the playground or in the giant sand pit. Seriously, I think the remainder of Bria's parties will be at parks, because it made it so incredibly easy for me. And this was the first year we invited just her friends (instead of all our adult friends, with a few kids sprinkled in). It turned out to be an awesome day, and it was so fun to celebrate Bria's big day with so many friends.








modeling some of her gifts after the party
 

4 comments:

Josephine said...

That cake looks delicious.

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I love the theme, and having it at a park is brilliant! Less cleanup! Bria is adorable!

Elisa said...

What a great birthday party! I love Bria, and I agree with Jessie: that cake looks fab.

his little lady said...

aw, these images are always so precious!
xo TJ