07 June 2012

Strawberry Picking

Last month we went strawberry picking with some friends. We tried a different farm which turned out to be perfect-- not too far of a drive, the fields were close and manageable, and there was even a little playground, some goats, and some chickens. We've been every spring we've lived here, and it still thrills me to find such red, ripe, delicious berries on the bush and then bring them home with me. I absolutely love fruit picking. Once home, I immediately set to work washing and hulling the berries to make jam and strawberry shortcake. (I also froze a couple bags for all the green smoothies we eat around here.) I'm sad the strawberry season is nearing its end. I don't think we could ever get enough.








1 comment:

Elisa said...

Oh my gosh, I want to do this! Like, immediately.

Also, I want Bria to come with me to pick the berries. She's low to the ground--perfect for picking berries.

I don't just want her around for the labor, though. Also, for her company! And because that would mean you'd be there, too!