02 June 2012

Sunshines

In December I changed my mind about not putting Bria in preschool this year. I asked a couple friends where their kids went and called several schools between Christmas and New Years. The first school to call me back was from a local Methodist church, and I jumped to take their one opening in the Sunshines class. I was a little unsure at first-- maybe the Rec Center preschool would be a better fit (I heard back from them about an opening within 5 minutes of paying to register). And the first week I found myself feeling rather anxious. Was I really sending my firstborn child off to spend 12 hours/week with strangers? And what was I supposed to do with all that time anyway? Pretty quickly I became attached to those school days, and even faster I fell in love with the school. All the teachers, parents, and administrators are so amazing. I cannot wait for the fall when Bria goes back.

 first day of school

The last day of school was graduation for the pre-K students. It was hilarious to watch all the pomp and circumstance for such little kids. There was a little ceremony, complete with all the kids singing awesome Christian songs, followed by a picnic outside, with a bounce house for the kids.


She was not shy about finding us in the crowd and waving enthusiastically. 



 With her beloved Sunshines teachers, Miss Jessica, Miss Jill, and Miss Laurence



No comments: