21 October 2012

Action

First video: Bria was rather inspired by her cousins this summer and wanted to take a karate class. I enrolled her in one at our local rec center and purchased her a gi off Amazon. We took a little video a couple days before the first class. She's my favorite little ninja. Unfortunately the class was a total bust. My first clue was when the super cool young 20s instructor told me "all the other classes like to play games, but I think that's a waste of time. I only teach them self-defense." After 45 minutes of practicing a series of about six moves (including three different elbow moves) over and over, just punching/hitting/kicking into a padded wall (seriously, that was it for 45 minutes), I told Bria we didn't have to go back. Obviously she didn't want to. We'll try again next year at a real martial arts studio. But clearly she's already got some pretty impressive moves.

The next video is Bria showing off the curtain I finally made for her room. Nevermind that it took me three years to finally address the cardboard, foil, and leopard print sheet situation that blocked out all the light. Ugh, what an eyesore. Now her room is lovely!

6 comments:

hanner said...

i love this child.

Michelle Earnest said...

She is so cute! I love when she said "this next one is really hard" and then followed up with some heavy breathing. Quite the personality on that one!

Elisa said...

These are adorable. I love how she says "Cut" at the end of the second video.

Josephine said...

I really like these videos together! I'm not sure why she's afraid of the play center (did I hear right?) considering her mad ninja skills. . .

Katie said...

Um, can she please be my karate teacher?

Lindsay said...

Oh she is so wonderful and hilarious! The 'end' move of her karate routine was incredible. such a feminine touch on such a very aggressive routine.
And I love that she assured us that going with you wasn't too boring. :)
Love you guys!!