This weekend I crossed a major item off my goal list by running the Richmond half marathon. I've been really inspired by several friends who have trained for big runs, and when some of my friends here in VA said they were doing it, I knew this was my chance. Training totally kicked my trash, but I had so much fun on the day of the race, and it felt amazing to cross that finish line (a full thirty minutes ahead of my goal!). (For a much, much longer report of the race, you can read here.)
Of course the biggest thanks has to go out to Bria and Sam who formed the world's greatest fan club, cheering me on. They sacrificed a lot for me to go out running all time-- especially the long Saturday runs. I seriously couldn't have done it without them.

8 comments:
hooray! so exciting!!! isn't it an amazing feeling to accomplish something like that. and it never gets old. :)
i meant, "something like that?"
Congrats, girl! That is wonderful!! My sister in law always says that training is the hard part and race day is just a celebration - glad you thought so too!
Congrats!
McPhie! <3 You rock.
Way to go! I a, to sure if I will ever run anything more then a 5k :) maybe someday I will be inspired. Cngratulations on checking something off your list!
soooo awesome!!! way to go! now you are inspiring people :) and cute fan club!!
You're my hero! I've never done a half but would like to someday...Way to go!!
Post a Comment