This was the year. Bria wanted to dress up as Queen Amidala for Halloween, and the natural progression was for Sam to be Han Solo and me to be Princess Leia. I enlisted my friend Katie to help me sew Bria's costume, and every time I sat down to work on it, I thought "what did I get myself into?!?!" but I think it turned out pretty well. The biggest obstacle was the headpiece. By the morning of Halloween, I had settled on just having her wear a gold headband (which means without makeup at her school parade her costume was pretty unrecognizable), but Sam had a stroke of creativity and crafted her headpiece while I furiously whipped out my Princess Leia get-up in the couple hours before the trunk-or-treat.
I always told Sam I would only do a family-themed Star Wars Halloween one time, so he better choose which year wisely, but I have to admit, I kind of loved being Princess Leia. Dare I admit I would totally do it again?


4 comments:
What great costumes! Awesome job! One reason I'm sometimes sad about no cross dressing rules at church parties is I want to be Han solo!
You guys looked great! I loved the news report.
The costumes turned out SO WELL! You rock!
Oh gosh, the Star Wars costume is killing me. Cutest thing around!!!
xo TJ
Post a Comment