When the fall weather was still around, Bria and I took a stroll through our favorite cemetery in Old Town. Areas of it are still in use, but there are also headstones that date back to the Civil War.
Bria wrote a letter to Santa. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture or scan it before it went in the mail!
In years past, I bake and cook up a storm for various Christmas gifts and goodies, but somehow, this year, I caught a crafting bug. I have no idea what's happening to me.



Though I did host a baby shower in December, where I made four different kinds of cookies: gingersnaps, mustache-shaped sugar, apple pie cookies, and nutella stuffed brown butter and sea salt chocolate chip. (I know, right?)
And we did make our fair share of treats, like when we made sugar cookies, and after Bria had her fill of decorating, I stayed up an extra three hours decorating the rest. Oy.
We went to an awesome gingerbread decorating party. Confession: I am known to hot glue my gingerbread houses together. So when I had to rely only on frosting . . . it wasn't pretty. Bria wouldn't let me help with the decorating, either, and she was pretty hopped up on sugar, so let's just say we didn't win any awards.
We brainstormed, gathered props, exploited our friends' generosity, and walked dangerously close to a couple nervous breakdowns to film our annual Merry Mangum Christmas video.
Which, of course, included buying our Christmas tree! We had to try five different places to find the right size, but in the end, we were successful! I love our little tree so much. And yes, it could have fit in our car with room to spare, but Bria insisted on it being tied to the roof on the way home from the lot.
Bria had an awesome Christmas program at her school (which is run by a Methodist church). Her whole class dressed like Wisemen, followed by a great family lunch.
And she was a lamb in the church nativity . . .
We had a mommy-daughter day on Capitol Hill, eating lunch at 7th hill, shopping at Eastern Market, and dessert at Pitango.
Bria's cousin Amanda turned 18! (and she gave Bria a bunch of glitter tattoos.)








1 comment:
We loved your cookies! They were so good. I never told Jason we got them and there wasn't any evidence :) HOpe you guys kick all these dang viruses! Your bowling pin guys turned out so so cute!
Post a Comment