As has become our tradition, we spent Christmas Eve with friends this year, enjoying a tasty dinner, games, and great conversation. We headed home and quickly opened our new Christmas pajamas, which I sewed for everyone this year! (Pants for me and Sam, a nightgown for Bria.) We set out cookies, milk, and a little note for Santa before quickly shuffling Bria off to bed.




Each year Bria is more and more aware of Christmas, and this was finally the year her excitement kept her from sleep. Up until now she has slept in every Christmas, but even after going to bed almost three hours late, she still stayed up chatting and singing to herself for almost an hour, and in the morning, she told us she was awake in bed for an hour before coming to wake us up. Those are some of my favorite Christmas memories as a child-- experiencing a near physical pain from excitement, staying awake for hours during the night until I was finally allowed up. I can't wait for Bria to have a sibling with whom she can share those painful hours.
Once she was awake, we prolonged the anticipation pulling out the camera, taking pictures, talking about Christmas. And then it was time! Santa was good to us this year, as were our generous and loving friends and family. Bria was particularly excited about the authentic Flamenco dress she received from her cousins living in Spain.
After eating the traditional McPhie breakfast, we relaxed, played with toys, and took naps before heading out to spend the rest of the day with Sam's brother's family. We can mark Christmas 2012 down as a success.
I really love our quiet Christmases. Bria is at an age where she will start tucking away lifelong memories, and I love to think our budding family traditions will make the cut.
2 comments:
Sigh, love everything about this post.
"...tucking away lifelong memories," I love that, and everything about this post. merry christmas & happy new year.
Post a Comment