11 March 2013

California Love

Last month I spent a glorious six days with my mom and sisters in California. Rachel, Lindsay, and I flew in near Amy's new house in Orange County, and then the four of us made the drive east to Palm Desert to meet up with Whitney and my mom at my parents' time share. The last time we had a Sisters Retreat was in NYC three years ago, so we were long overdue. I really do wish I lived by my sisters. I only sometimes succeeded in not crying when I would think about going home and not seeing them again for months and months.

I had two very long travel days, at least made easier by the fact that my incredibly long layovers were in Denver.
 So happy to see palm trees when I exited the airport!

We went to the freezing cold pool

We tried to go bowling and then remembered it was Saturday night, so the alley was insanely crowded. Instead we crammed all six of us in the photo booth and then played a little Dance Dance Revolution.




The ultimate girls weekend activity: pedicures
And at-home facials:

One morning Amy said "let's take a nature walk" which actually meant hiking up a mountain. Whitney and I refused to embark on such an adventure, so we turned around halfway. 



We ate so much good food: pizza, sushi, Mexican, cheesecake, paninis. Amazing.


 

 And we filled our quota of group pictures, of course


6 comments:

Lant Family said...

How fun! I like your matching shirts!

Wendi said...

So awesome! Glad you guys had such a great week!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

So fun! You have a really cute family!

Lindsay said...

Oh that was so fun. Can we go back there right now? I'm feeling depressed that it's over.
:)

Josephine said...

Um, if that photo booth used film, would you please tell me where it was! Also, too bad for me you're not always in Orange County or Palm Springs for that matter! Glad you had a nice time. I look forward to doing this kind of thing with the gals in my family someday.

his little lady said...

Oh gosh, all of that food looks scrumptious! And isn't California just the best? Love the palm trees!!
xo TJ