25 April 2013

Half a Decade

Our darling B turns FIVE today.

That girl is a firecracker. She loves rainbows, fairies, jewelry, and anything fancy. She loves animals and will seek out random facts about any kind of animal. She invented a game called "I Spy with My Little Animal Eye." The rules are similar to I Spy, but you're thinking of an animal. There are a couple complicated details to get the game started, but I love that she thought of the game herself, and we play it in the car all the time.
She expresses frustration because there are so many things she wants to be when she grows up: veterinarian dentist, marine biologist, ballerina, ballerina astronaut (she wants to do ballet on the moon), artist, chef . . . the list goes on.
She still loves to spend her time drawing, painting, doodling, writing, coloring-- any art project will occupy her for hours. She also gets lost in her own little worlds, creating her own scenes from various movies and books she loves or just scenes from her own brain.
The words I've used to describe her since she was tiny remain the same. She is-- more than anything else-- expressive. She has a big heart and feels things very deeply. She is kind and loving. She loves her friends, her fish, and her family so much. She adores her dad, and thinks he is hilarious. She is very sensitive, and I would even say nurturing toward me. She truly is my little buddy.

We love that little girl so much. Happy birthday, Bria!




4 comments:

Josephine said...

My how time flies! Happy Birthday, Bria!

Amy said...

oh she is so perfect! She seems like so much fun. My 2nd has that sweet, sensitive, and caring personality and it truly is a gift. happy 5 years to beautiful bria!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Bria! We love you gobs!

Lindsay said...

I love sweet Bribee. I hope she had a wonderful day. What a remarkable girl she is!