13 March 2014

The Happiest Place on Earth

In the fall my oldest sister, Amy, proposed an epic McPhie sibling + children trip to Disneyland. They were moving from SoCal to NorCal, and would have their house in Orange County through the end of Janary. Could we all meet and stay at their house to take advantage of free lodging over MLK weekend? Amazingly, each of my siblings, their spouses, and their kids could all make the trip. So we spent 5 glorious days together, including two days spent at Disneyland.

On the plane. I was terrified to take 7 week old Wally, but he was a total champ. 

The pool in my sister's backyard. It was so amazing.

My siblings: Lindsay, me, Amy, Scott, Whitney

The beach! The weather was glorious-- in the 80s and sunny. I could cry just thinking about it.


Some of the cousins before the talent show. Bria sang "Make New Friends," I did the screaming pigeon yoga position, and Sam told a joke. We're a talented crew.

The Disney pictures speak for themselves. It was awesome and everything we hoped it would be.




 Somehow we let our five year old go on Space Mountain. Let's just say there were many tears.

 Bria saved her money to buy a souvenir, and I had to use all my self-control to not say anything about her buying this Minnie Bridal hat.

Can we go back, please?



3 comments:

Josephine said...

This looks like so much fun! How cool to be able to hang out with all of your siblings!

Also, regarding Bria and Space Mountain, I'm realizing I have absolutely no sense for age-appropriateness! Did you guys go on the new star tours? Did she like that one?

Come back soon so we can meet up with you somewhere in orange county! Heck, you all can sleep on my floor if you want!

Elisa said...

I rode Space Mountain as a kid (I think I was also 5, actually). I don't mean to make you feel guilty about this, but I STILL remember how freaked out I was.

This trip looks amazing.

Katie said...

It looks wonderful! Such a great trip! (minnie bridal hat. *sigh. Sounds like something Ada would adore too)