29 September 2007

Poem

At the end of the summer, we sent this poem around to our families to update them on our life here in Provo. We thought we'd share it with you.


Around here this summer

It's been quite chaotic.

Though last year we

Went on trips quite exotic,

This summer we've spent

Completely at home--

Though Courtney wishes

We had gone to Rome.

We've had fun with movies

And finishing college.

There are many things

On which we've increased knowledge.

So now we prepare for

Sam's last college spree,

And then will come April

When . . .

a) We tour Italy.

b) We play monopoly.

c) Baby makes three.

d) Sam gets a Wii.


If you guessed C) Baby makes three, you would be right. Sam and I are expecting our first child to arrive in the spring, and we are very excited.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

yay! that is so exciting. so when do you find out if it is a boy or girl? a month or so? exciting. I am due feb 4th, so we have a while, but it has been going by a lot faster than I thought it would. I am glad that we have reconnected!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! That is the most exciting thing I've heard all week! I'm so happy for you both! You'll be a wonderful mom, Courtney!

Marcus and Jenny said...

I love the poem! Great way to spread the news. I can't wait for Baby Mangum to come join our parties:)

Launi said...

hooray! congrats, you guys. i'm a big fan of babies. :)

Maryblog said...

Congratulations! Way to go! Thats great news....So I've been trying to get a hold of you for a while but....you don't return emails obviously. Since your in Provo still, we need to hang out! Congrats!

Courtney said...

Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone!

I think we'll find out if it's a boy or girl sometime after Thanksgiving. For now, it's driving me a little crazy not knowing!

Marybeth, I told Sam you've been emailing him. He changed his email address, so I'll make sure he checks the old one and emails you back. yes, we should hang out!

Rick said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Welcome to the parents club.

Ben Arkell said...

Great news, hope things go well with the pregnancy.

Lori and Matt said...

congratulations! how exciting! i love the poem, that was so cute! hope you start feeling better soon

rachel said...

Congrats Congrats. I'm so happy for you. I hope that all goes well and that you are able to get some good sleep.