I am starting into some research on strollers, car seats, and travel systems. I would appreciate any motherly and/or womanly advice you can give me on what you think a good travel system makes. I have no idea where to start! Please feel free to recommend or discourage specific brands (but only if you can back up your assertions with evidence). If you have time, I would love to know what brand and style you have, what you like, what you don't like, and what you would do differently if you were starting over with child #1.
Please help out this desperate, naive mother-to-be.
9 comments:
Courtney. I know what you meen. We had many dates to Babies R us and talked to them numerous times. They have a lot of knowledge. But I also read this book, Oh I can't think of the name.. But I know you can get it at the libary. It gives you the load down on each brand and it gives them a rating. I have some of the info written down. But they put out a new book each year. If you really would like to read it I can look up the name for you. It gives you ratings on EVERYTHING that you need for a baby. But back to the stroller. We have the Graco Metrolite travel system. We have loved it. WE really like the carseat, it is the snugride or something. But we relaly like out stroller because it is very lightweight and narrow. We still use it tons. Wow that was long.
I don't have any advice but I can't believe you are down to 75 days. Thats crazy! I am so excited for you two! We need to hang out before this little addition comes!
Hey Courtney, we have the Graco Metrolite and are totally satisfied with it. Easy, light weight, unisex in color, we couldn't be happier. we have several cousins/fiends who have the same travel system and they swear by it as well. hope this helps.
Hi dear! My friend who just had a baby posted a picture on her blog of their stroller. She said the Caboose Ultralight by Joovey was highly recommended by a few of her friends, and she really likes it so far. Yay for all the useful info you find on blogs!
We also have the metrolite. We used it a lot. I like that you can open and close it with one hand. We had a Prizm though and it took up the entire trunk. Combi (I think that's how you spell it) makes a much smaller stroller that I think does pretty well. Rick and Moshi had that one. As far as durability goes, Sean insisted on having one with rubber wheels since the plastic ones are cheap and can break. Metrolite has rubber wheels...we've had no problems...now we're on to #2 and looking for a sit N stand stroller. Also, I know it's your first and you might want everything new, but you can save a lot of money and get one from Craigslist. I think that's the better way to go. Especially since you live in baby central and should have lots of used ones to choose from.
We also have a Graco--the Family Tree pattern, which we got because I liked the fabric and it was on sale. I was just lamenting the other day how I hadn't done my share of stroller/carseat research (but frankly, it's really okay--ours has been fine, and I haven't lost any sleep over it...yet). Make sure you get something somewhat neutral colored, stroller you can (preferably) fold with one hand, and a stroller that doesn't take up your ENTIRE car-trunk. Narrow is good.
i was happy with my graco stroller and car seat that could click in. i have noticed that on some of the jogging strollers you can click in a car seat and that would be really nice, especially if you are going to go walking a lot or jogging. also, the more compact the better, but not cheaper quality. we did like having an umbrella stroller on hand for those days we needed all the room in our trunk. the umbrella stroller can fit anywhere. good luck. also, target.com has good reviews on the strollers on their website.
i am not a mother or a stroller expert, (surprisingly on the latter) but i AM happy that we can blog together. :)
http://www.shnoop.com/yesterday.php?osCsid=684o0ks4q5456deej70ngfh453
Go to that website today only! they have a super cute stroller for really cheap. i don't know anything about it but I think it's cute!
Post a Comment