04 October 2008

Cousins, letters, and solids

Bria and I have gone up to Salt Lake quite a bit this week. With Baby Abby's arrival and a visit from my sister Whitney, my parents' house has been quite the hot spot.
First, a comparison of Bria the tank compared to the string bean Abby:

Then, Bria received a hand-addressed letter from George and Laura Bush welcoming her to the world.

And then, after much insisting from Bria, we introduced solid foods. She is still a bit shy of the six-month mark, but I think she is close enough since she can sit on her own and she also looks like I am betraying her when I eat and don't give her food. The rice cereal went over well. Bria ate all of it, and managed to keep most of it in her mouth. We also caught it on tape. I'm pretty sure I was more excited about it than Bria was. Please notice how Bria is reaching for the bowl in the first picture-- this was just before we started. Also, in the last picture, if you look closely, you'll see that Bria is wearing a bib from when I was a baby and it has Courtney embroidered on it.

5 comments:

Ryan Nielsen said...

Cute! I love the picture of her reaching out her arms. She really was eager!

Jenna said...

we must be friends. i bought the same little puffin hoodie & onesie for a friend's baby shower...THEN went back to buy one to keep for myself b/c i thought it was so darling.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute eating her food. She looks so excited! She is adorable!

Derek & Brittany said...

aw i like how she has the same bib as you

Ashley and Aaron said...

mwahahaha I found your blog. now we can be blog friends in addition to being real live friends. It was so good to see you guys tonight! And of course, Bria is the cutest little gal...we mothers of ginormous-cheeked babies gotta stick togetha.