Then, tonight, I was eating a chocolate chip cookie, and I gave Bria a little bite. Bad idea. Bria went nuts for it! So she finally got hold of a whole cookie and went to town. She is a girl after her mother's heart. Maybe not the best bedtime snack for a baby (particularly the day after she was sick), but she absolutely loved it, so I don't feel bad at all.
09 March 2009
Bria and the Cookie
I feel like a real mom: yesterday Bria covered me in vomit. She had some kind of 24-hour stomach bug that made for quite a sad Sunday. When I got her up yesterday morning, I saw she had been sick in her sleep, then in the afternoon she threw up all over herself, me, and the couch. So we took took the cover off every couch cushion and tossed it in the washer, and Bria and I got all cleaned up. She wouldn't eat much-- we couldn't even get her to drink pedialyte, so we took her to the doctor. By the time we went there, she finally drank some milk, so she was doing much better. Luckily, she is almost completely back to her normal self today. It was so sad!
Then, tonight, I was eating a chocolate chip cookie, and I gave Bria a little bite. Bad idea. Bria went nuts for it! So she finally got hold of a whole cookie and went to town. She is a girl after her mother's heart. Maybe not the best bedtime snack for a baby (particularly the day after she was sick), but she absolutely loved it, so I don't feel bad at all.

Then, tonight, I was eating a chocolate chip cookie, and I gave Bria a little bite. Bad idea. Bria went nuts for it! So she finally got hold of a whole cookie and went to town. She is a girl after her mother's heart. Maybe not the best bedtime snack for a baby (particularly the day after she was sick), but she absolutely loved it, so I don't feel bad at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think that chocolate is a great way to celebrate the return of appetite. :)
Way to go Court! "The first cut [of vomit] is the deepest, baby you know".... or something.....
Anyone who has had a child vomit on them gets a special dollop of celestial whipped cream on their sundae in heaven.
Oh man I love that last picture. She is beaming! Oh I how I love Lindsay's comment. Being thrown up on is so not fun. Miley was throwing up for 7 days straight once, I had my fair share. That was the saddest thing... 7 days of throwing up. So miserable. I am glad that your wee one is feeling better.
Here's a tip for ya...last time Finn was masquerading as Mr. Barf I put two crib sheets on his bed with a layer of garbage bags in between. So when he puked in his bed, I just whipped off the first layer and could put him right back to sleep without having to make the bed...it was really great. Glad the little gal is feeling better!
what a lucky baby!
p.s. did you cut your hair? it looks cute so how about some pics of the babe AND you?
Post a Comment