We took Bria out into the blizzard, just to get some fresh air. She doesn't have snow clothes, but I just wrapped her in a large garbage bag, and plopped her down in the snow. She didn't even reach the ground, but the snow was up to her waist. She absolutely loved it. She was pretty sad when we had to come in because my hands were frozen.

You can see the snow creeping up our window in the bottom right. Some of our neighbors windows were half covered in snow drifts.

This isn't our car, but you can see how deep it was getting. This was still several hours before it stopped snowing.
Bria was definitely rejuvenated by playing in the snow.

She later expressed her enthusiasm by dropping an egg on the floor. Good thing we were out of paper towels (with no way of buying any).

We're just glad we weren't planning on traveling this week! I feel so sad for all the people whose flights were canceled this weekend. A lot of people won't be able to reschedule their flights before Christmas. Thank goodness we are boring and just staying put for the holidays!
4 comments:
You have no idea how jealous I am! We have had hardly any snow here and I am so sad. I hope you're not snowed in so long that things really get uncomfortable for you, but how exciting.
I'm so glad you got pictures of Bria in the garbage bag. When you told me about it I wanted to see it. :)
I hope you guys are having fun and not getting cabin fever too badly! Love ya.
Good garbage bag idea! Way to improvise. Our church meetings (in Portland, OR) were canceled last week because the temperature dropped below freezing and they were worried there was ice on the road. HAHA!
Haha, you just plopped her in a plastic bag...hahaha, Court, I miss you - and way to encourage a return to simplicity and fun for our kiddos.
Post a Comment