

So I opened the box a few days later, hoping Bria would like to just look at the presents. Instead, she interpreted this as, "hey! a smaller set of chairs!" I have since moved the boxes out of her reach.

I went to get Bria from her nap, and she had taken off her shirt and thrown it out of her crib. We tried to dress her again, but she ripped that thing off within 15 minutes. And, I'm not going to lie, we just let her go around like that until bedtime.



Ah, yes. She has discovered that, not only does her finger fit in her nose, but also small objects like crayons do too.

The real mischief is that Bria decided that she was too cool for sleep. Bria has always been a really good sleeper. She started falling asleep on her own, in her crib when she was only a couple weeks old. And she usually gets really excited to go to bed-- running to her room, turning out the light, snuggling her baby and elephant, reaching for her crib. But about a week and a half ago, Bria started SCREAMING whenever we put her to bed. In fact, she would start to cry if we even made it seem like it was time for bed. Or if I went in her room and went near her crib. And then, when we would finally get her into her crib, she would cry and scream for 40 minutes (if we lasted that long before getting her back up). And she would wake up in the night and not go back to bed. It breaks my heart to hear her cry so much, so one day, I decided I couldn't go through the crying and screaming and I didn't make her nap. We drove to the mall that evening, and she zonked within, oh, 20 seconds.
Poor little girl is so sleep deprived. But today she may have turned a corner-- she went to sleep for her nap without a word. We're crossing our fingers it stays this way! In all honesty, I like to joke around that Bria is a troublemaker, but, really, she's not. (Other than this last little sleep rebellion.) She's one of the sweetest, most well-behaved little girls around. Sam and I consider ourselves incredibly lucky to have such a good kid.
2 comments:
Have Abby and Bria been sharing notes or something? Abby hasn't napped well in days either! Yesterday I made her cry for an hour and a half because she was so tired (to no avail - she still didn't sleep)
I call her a "naughty baby" all the time. :)
Let's have them do a conference call and figure out how to sleep again.
Love you guys!
what a silly and very darling little girl. so cute.
Post a Comment