On a particularly boring day a couple weeks ago, I told Bria we would go to a museum. But feeling the drag of having nothing to do, we took a long time getting dressed and ready for the day until it was finally after lunch and the day was seriously threatening to be an entire bust. When I realized if I didn't act quickly I wouldn't leave the house all day, I grabbed our stuff in a hurry and we were out the door headed to the National Gallery.
We walked to the metro and got off at the Smithsonian stop, welcomed by incredible weather and bright and clear blue skies.
When we go to museums we inevitably end up at the Natural History, since its taxidermy is a real hit with the kids (well, a hit but also sometimes terrifying). It was nice to finally make it to the National Gallery. I had no idea whether Bria would hate it or love it, and it ended up being a little of both. I was so happy we chanced upon the Impressionists, since that's my favorite. Bria and I picked out our favorite paintings and decided we would try to duplicate them at home (which we did and made a little gallery in her room). We made it through one wing before calling it a day.
The large columns and stairs outside the gallery made for excellent climbing material. Perfect for getting out all the energy she pent up while walking around the museum.
The fall colors were nearing their end, but still breathtaking. It was in the upper 60s this day, so of course we took advantage by going on a little walk . . .
and, surprise! we ended up at Paul. I mean, if you're in the Penn Quarter, why wouldn't you stop in for a macaron or gourmandise?
3 comments:
This sounds kind of like my dream day.
Oh! Divine! I want to be with you, eating things called "gourmandise"! and climbing on pillars with Bria!
How fun!
Post a Comment