Later in the week we realized the pictures at the McTree were only of the kids and grandkids, so we took some more pictures in my parents backyard. (And this is where Sam's absence was so obvious, since he's the only one missing! I'm hoping we can at least photoshop his head in floating above us, possibly gazing down at us lovingly.) The whole family, the grandkids, the kids, the four grandchildren born in 2008. My how the original cast has grown!
09 September 2012
Westward Travel Part Three: La Fin!
Of course a family reunion has to include family pictures. One night we took a Cafe Rio picnic to Canyon Rim Park to see the McTree (that would be the McPhie tree). My parents started dating when they were juniors in high school, and they decided to plant a tree together before my dad left on his mission. The tree has been there for 39 years now, and it is fully grown! It's a beautiful tree. My dad told us the story of planting the tree, then we took some family pictures (which I just realized my brother took on his phone, so I don't have!).
Later in the week we realized the pictures at the McTree were only of the kids and grandkids, so we took some more pictures in my parents backyard. (And this is where Sam's absence was so obvious, since he's the only one missing! I'm hoping we can at least photoshop his head in floating above us, possibly gazing down at us lovingly.) The whole family, the grandkids, the kids, the four grandchildren born in 2008. My how the original cast has grown!
Later in the week we realized the pictures at the McTree were only of the kids and grandkids, so we took some more pictures in my parents backyard. (And this is where Sam's absence was so obvious, since he's the only one missing! I'm hoping we can at least photoshop his head in floating above us, possibly gazing down at us lovingly.) The whole family, the grandkids, the kids, the four grandchildren born in 2008. My how the original cast has grown!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Now I wish I could go back in time and plant a tree! How cool!
This is so great. It makes me want to go plant a tree and give it a name.
Looks like a great trip - I have to say, your mom looks too young to have so many grandchildren!
Post a Comment