18 September 2013

Epic Final Weekend

Labor day weekend marked the end of our freedom. Bria started school the day after, and Sam jumped back into what will be a loooong stretch of working every weekend (often both days) until the baby is born. I started school the week before. We toyed with the idea of heading to the beach for the weekend, but then remembered all the baby stuff we have to buy and decided to stay local :)
We did have tickets for the BYU v. UVA game in Charlottesville, so we spent the day down there on Saturday. It was wildly hot before the game, but we chilled in the shaded areas outside the official BYU tailgate with our friends the Fewkeses before the game started. Once it did start, we were not deterred by the insane thunder storms and lightning delays! Bria was such a champ sitting around for so long, hunched in a corner. I'll admit to being pretty miserable by the end of the second rain burst, and had to find a ladder in a utility closet so I could sit down. Luckily people are pretty accommodating when it comes to hugely pregnant women. And I was really impressed by the camaraderie that emerged when both UVA and BYU fans were forced into such tight quarters together for so long. It was a bummer to lose, but still an awesome day.


This picture was taken when it seemed like we were going to win, so uh. yeah. bummer.


Sam had dreams of camping outside, but when he considered the logistics of having to be stuck in the tent from Bria's bedtime (7:30) until his bedtime (3:00am), this became less appealing. Thus we devised a plan to "camp" at home. This included s'mores, a bear hunt, and Sam and Bria sleeping on B's bedroom floor. (Then he was easily able to sneak out once she fell asleep and watch a movie with me.) And I got to experience camping just the way I like it: not at all.

 
 





Last fall Sam and I went paddle boating on Lake Accotink and had so much fun we've been looking for a time to take Bria back with us. Bria was rather disappointed she was too short to pedal, but we still had an awesome time.


And of course Bria got to ride the carousel by the lake, which she may have enjoyed more than the boating.

No comments: