26 January 2014
Creature Report
Here is just a tiny sampling of pictures we've taken over the last two months-- the first one below is when sweet little Wally was only five days old, and the last picture is just two weeks ago. Amazing how much he has changed in just 9 short weeks of life!
Wally did, in fact, spend the entire first month of his life crying. And when were about ready to rip the last of our hairs out we discovered that the poor little boy was basically starving the entire first month of his life. Once he started getting enough food, that sweet little boy stopped crying so much (now it's just a normal amount), started sleeping more, and we all started to see a glimmer of sanity return to our lives.
I just can't help but stare at his face. I know he will grow up and I'll no longer see this tiny face all the time, and it kills me. So I like to stare at him. He smiles like it's his job, especially for Bria. Already that girl has a special bond with her brother. She loves to chant at him and he'll respond with sweet little coos.
I'm shocked at how much easier this whole baby thing is the second time around. I was rather concerned that since it had been five and a half years, I would have no idea what I was doing. That's not to say I really do know what I'm doing, but at least I'm not so stressed about it. I have living proof that I can take care of a baby, so that helps give me a little perspective.
He is such a champ, and we love him to pieces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
AAAAAGH! He is TOO STINKIN CUTE! Can we hang out again? Soon? I need to see his cute face again.
I'm sorry that first month was rough, but am so glad you're sounding confident and happy! Way to go! He's a cutie and Wally is such a sweet name.
Post a Comment