Well, filming for Food Boy is finally finished! The picture wrapped last Monday, and it has been a huge relief. With all the filming done, now all we have to worry about is post-production-- not like it's a small task or anything. Sam has been getting ready to start editing, which will be a huge task. He hopes to finish by the end of October (I think) and then send it out to festivals. We are really pleased with the filming and are so excited to see the story start coming together. This is a really exciting project.
Now, this week, I am starting my final week of college. I have my final day of class tomorrow, and graduation is on Thursday and Friday. I've already informed Sam that when I finish with my finals on Wednesday night, I will probably cry a lot. This has been a really emotional term for me. I am feeling rather bittersweet about graduating: on the one (sweet) side, my senior course this term has been absolutely horrible. I am also excited to not write any more papers and to not have homework. Things will also feel more comfortable when I have a full time job. On the other (bitter) side, I think I will really miss college. I will miss being around students and talking about theories and ideas and grammar. :) I really enjoy the people I work with, so it will be a big change to move on from that. I am not so sure I am ready to be an adult. Overall, I think it is a great thing I am graduating. This is a huge step for me! I am sure whatever lies ahead will be very exciting. I still don't have a job lined up-- I am just focusing on getting through these last classes. I'm sure I will figure something out quickly once graduation is over.
So that's what we're up to! Sam has just another three weeks until he starts his final school year-- which also means we have about three weeks until our second wedding anniversary. Anyway, things are good in the Mangum house! We are really enjoying our summer and will be sad when it's over.
1 comment:
Hey Sam! It was fun to run into you at the Timpview restrooms...of all places :) Anyway, I'm glad the filming went so well, we are so excited for the movie!! I'm jealous of everything you've been doing lately. Tell Court hi, and hope to see you guys soon.
Post a Comment