I've been wanting to do a Christmas card post because we didn't send any Christmas cards this year. I thought we could take a nice picture and post it and write what we would have in a Christmas card. Well, we haven't taken a nice picture (our camera is on its last leg), and I have no idea what I would write in a Christmas card. Oh well. Here are a couple of thoughts anyway:
Sam finished up fall semester yesterday with his last final. We celebrated with some imitation Martinelli's that tasted slightly odd, but was still fun to drink. He is looking forward to having the next few weeks off school so he can rejuvenate before the last push of his college career. It seems a little surreal that he has just one semester left; when we got married, he had three years left.
Sam has finished up editing Food Boy and now it is off getting sound and other stuff added to the final copy. Sam actually admitted to me that he has really missed editing since he finished Food Boy. Sam is looking for a job to start after the New Year-- we hope he will be able to do some editing here and there throughout the semester.
The last few weeks have been pretty interesting for me. I have been feeling really great, except for my back. I have always had a bad back, but this whole pregnancy thing is definitely exacerbating my sad spine. I am a little concerned about what the next four months of an increasingly large belly will bring, but at least I have a sympathetic husband.
Work has been very stressful, lately. I still love my friends at work-- in fact, they are the ones who keep me sane-- but I am really struggling with the poor management of the practice. Those who know me can attest that, while I may be an impassioned and dramatic person, I am not a stressful, agitated person. I am trying to learn to let irritating work things go, especially while I am at home.
All in all, life is great right now. We are heading to Houston on Sunday to spend Christmas with Sam's parents. We are excited to see two of Sam's brothers, his sister, and their respective families as well. I hear Sam's sister may even bring Guitar Hero for Sam to play-- which means I may not see much of him over the next week.
We wish you all a merry Christmas. We are very grateful for all our friends and hope you have very happy holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment