30 December 2007

Post-Christmas Post

Sam and I have both arrived back in Utah, though we came in several trips (including our selves and our luggage). And we seem to have survived-- only time will tell, however. There's no promising that we won't fall into a million bits sometime tomorrow or Tuesday.
Let's-Call-It-Funniness-For-The-Sake-Of-Our-Sanity from our trip to Houston:
--My flight home was delayed, meaning I was scheduled to arrive at 2:00 am. I called Continental and begged them to put me on a different flight. When they said everything was booked until New Year's Eve, I started to cry and said "I'm six months pregnant. I can't sit in an airport and I have to leave before New Years." I think the last thing anyone wants on their hands is a crying pregnant woman. The Continental person talked to his supervisor and they squeezed me on a flight on Saturday morning.
--The next morning, I woke up with the flu. That was interesting.
--I'm pretty sure I have a cold now.
--Somehow, somewhere, someone lost Sam's luggage on his return flight. It was quite the experience getting it back, but we finally did (after numerous calls to the airport, my storming up to the Delta baggage desk, and some very nice SLC airport employees).

Everything else from our trip was great. It was so fun to be with Sam's family and to see our nieces and nephews (who are getting so big). Sam is a fun uncle, and he really enjoyed playing with the kids.
Sam's family also threw us a surprise baby shower! I don't think we'll need any more pink clothes! It was so nice and so thoughtful. We haven't bought anything for the baby yet, so it was really fun to look at everything and start to build up our store! I am so grateful to have such wonderful in-laws. It really meant a lot to me and Sam, and it was really fun too.
After a long day of traveling yesterday (and baggage retrieval today), I am glad to be home. We're looking forward to celebrating New Year's tomorrow night with my sister and her husband. We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and enjoy the New Year tomorrow evening!

2 comments:

Maranda said...

Wow, quite the drama. Airports huh... just don't fly, like me, and you won't have those problems ;) I'm glad you had fun, but I'm glad you're home too! hehe, I'm so selfish. Oh, p.s. I talked to Angela yesterday... remember that story I told you before Christmas, she is 99.9% sure that was Sam. Her mom even remembered his name. Let me know what Sam says. (Oh, and it was definitely before he knew you, no worries.)

Nicole said...

Ok, now I don't feel so bad. Because I am currently waiting for JetBlue to deliver my bag that they had lost. (holding my breath)