The truth is, everyone, that I am at work right now. Don't tell! I don't think I am really supposed to be blogging while I am at work, but it's just one of those days. Sam and I went to bed late because we were at a friends' house watching a movie. I try to be in bed by 10:30 at the latest, but I didn't get to bed until about midnight. So I'm a little tired (and grumpy!) today.
We watched the movie Amazing Grace, which we had never seen before. It was a nice evening, with homemade popcorn and cinnamon crumb cake (albeit from a box). I had heard that the movie was well worth seeing, and I have to agree. While Sam and I had some obvious critiques of the way the movie was made and the character development, I thought it was well-made, overall.
I never knew the story behind the abolition of slavery in England, so I am very glad to know the history behind that. William Wilberforce is a truly inspiring character.
I don't have much else to say about the movie, except that I definitely recommend it. It does make me very grateful that slavery was finally abolished in America as well. I am so grateful I do not live in a time of slavery-- though there are still many problems with slavery around the world, I am grateful that it is illegal and people are fighting to end it.
I think it very important to note God's guiding people like Wilberforce (among many others) to put an end to slavery. Knowing the history behind the song Amazing Grace is very moving. I am very glad they didn't attempt to hide or undermine the hand of God in the movie.
3 comments:
I want to see this movie, it's on our list of rentals. Thanks for the critique. I'm really excited to see it now.
I can sing that song for you... Amazing Grace
I can't wait to hear Calixta sing that song!
Post a Comment