07 March 2008

I promise I took American Heritage!

I saw a link to this article on my friend Alicia's blog. It talks about a study done where they asked 556 seniors at 55 leading colleges and universities 34 questions about U.S. history. Only one of the students answered every question correctly, and the average score was 53%. At first I thought it was ridiculous . . . until I took the quiz. Let me just tell you, I am not even going to let my score be known publicly. I am horrified at how poorly I did!
So, go read the article (it's short) and then you can take the quiz at the end. I hope you fare better than I did! I shouldn't be allowed to call myself an American.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'll tell you what I got if you tell me what you got?

Jeni said...

I did poorly and Sean did very well...he's still not happy with his score...but that's because he likes getting 100% on everything

Sam said...

Ok, ok. I will admit my score. I got a 47%! I am so ashamed. I think I should lose my citizenship or something.
Sam got a 55% I think.

Unknown said...

I got a 50% and Matt got 56%. We are not proud but at least we are average. Thanks for the test!

Sam said...

correction, Sam got a 56%

Unknown said...

(Matt) Jen misremembered. I got a 65%. Still shameful, but better than Sam.

Adam said...

The guy working for the government for 65%? Wow. I beat you (76).

Honestly, some of these are a little obscure, but I think next time Courtney corrects someone's grammer, they can shoot back an American history question ;)

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...

Yeah, well, let's be honest-- which is more useful in your everyday life, obscure history facts or grammar? That would be grammar, my friend. Hands down.