21 April 2008

The Update . . .

So I am scheduled to be induced on Thursday, which I feel pretty good about. I think it's a good balance between giving my body a little more time and not letting the baby get too big. I'm dilated to a 3, and the baby is really low, so I think I have at least a good chance of going into labor before then, but you never know.

I also had a Non Stress Test today and everything looked good. I had them double check (for the THIRD time, so really, it was a triple check) that the baby is still a girl, and it is! I was happy about that. I worked with a girl who found out during her non stress test that her baby girl was actually a baby boy. Surprise! If that happened, our poor baby boy would have to wear pink dresses.

Now it's just the waiting game. The downside to this is that now Sam won't be able to go to his graduation. We are pretty bummed about that, but Sam is still going to get his cap and gown so we can take pictures. This Baby Girl is probably going to be a drama queen-- she's already stealing the show! (But let's be honest, look at her parents! We all know where she gets it from.) We are trying to keep ourselves occupied so we don't drive ourselves crazy wondering if she will make her appearance before Thursday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on BABY!!!! She will be here so soon!