12 April 2008

We're down to the single digits!

Um, let's just talk about the fact that the countdown is at 6 days. SIX DAYS! In December, one of the women I visit teach was 8 months pregnant and she told me that when you are going along being pregnant, your due date always seems so far away, until you get the end and you realize that it actually went by so fast. That is so, so true. I can't believe it's already about time to be done with this! Now every time I have an appt with the midwives, they say "we'll see you next week if you're still pregnant." I don't mind if she comes late, early, or right on time, but I just want to know when it will be! The suspense is driving me batty.

My last day of work was Wednesday (!!!!) and my birthday was on Thursday (I'll admit, I'm glad the baby didn't come then. I like to have my own special day), so this has been a fun week! My co-workers had a birthday party/baby shower/farewell party for me on my last day-- it was great. Here is a picture of me with my friends from work. I don't think I could have gotten through the past six months without them!
My birthday was very fun. Sam and I spent (almost) the whole day together. First thing in the morning, we had an appt with the midwives. Then Sam took me to a salon where I got a pedicure. Then we went to the mall and Sam bought me some fun new makeup. And then we went to lunch at P.F. Chang's. Sam had a job interview, and then class, so I hung out at home for a little bit. When Sam got home, we went to my sister Lindsay's house and watched The Office and ate ice cream cake (my favorite thing in the whole world). It was really a great birthday!
Today we went out to lunch with my parents and my sister Lindsay's family (her son, Hunter, turned two on Tuesday). I didn't realize quite how huge I have gotten until I saw these pictures! Standing by my mom, my belly extends halfway past her! Well, my mom's really small, so that might not be so impressive. One thing I love having in common with my mom is that she also was due with her first child about a week after her 23rd birthday.
So, stay tuned! Either the next post will be from an impatient-and-still-pregnant me, or from Sam telling you the exciting news about the new arrival!

8 comments:

Jenna said...

courty i'm so glad you had a great birthday!
1. since you are having midwives- are you birthing at home? we know someone who just did that...
2. i've been explaining to nick about "membrane" and he keeps laughing at me :(

Anonymous said...

I hope your baby comes soon! I can't wait to see what she looks like!

Sam said...

Good thing to set straight! I am having midwives, but I am delivering at the hospital.

Ha ha ha-- membrane. I was just sick, so that has been a serious issue the past week! I tried to explain to Sam, and I think he just thought I was weird.

Nicole said...

Courtney, you are so cute. It's like they strapped on a pillow to your little body!

maryirene said...

6 days!!! wow. good luck. happy late birthday too! i think you look great!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Pregnancy really looks good on you, girl! I hope I look even close to as great as you do in a few months here. I can't wait for the big news!

Maren B said...

Is she here yet?!

Amber Volle said...

I felt like a beached whale the last week of my pregnancy. It's definately our height and can you imagine if we carried TWINS! Yikes!