8 C sliced Zucchini (I used 3 or 4 zucchini-- I don't know how many cups it was)
1 C chopped onion
1/2 c or so broth
1 T or so Worcestershire sauce
Cook in a pan on the stove until soft, then mash it a little. Drain any excess liquid.
Add:
2 C cooked brown rice (a real nutty mix of rices w/wild is very good)
Throw in some cheese: some cheddar, some parmesan, whatever you’ve got at whatever level of cheesiness you prefer.
Add some sour cream or milk for whatever level of creamy fattiness you prefer.
1/4 C or so of bread crumbs (you can skip these, but helps with texture)
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
bake 350, 30 min
(I added some chopped up fresh green beans last time I made it and it added a lovely slight crunch texture. Some pine nuts or shelled pumpkin seeds would be nice, I think or throw in whatever you’ve got around.)
2 comments:
Thanks Courtney! I'm always up for good new recipes!
Wow--you make cooking seem as easy as Rachael Ray does. A little of this, a little of that..haha. This sounds delicious. I might just have to try it. :)
Post a Comment