Bria and I have tried to keep ourselves busy this week. Bria has taken it upon herself to dazzle and delight her grandparents with her endless tricks. She has developed some very impressive dancing moves, which I will try to capture on camera. She started imitating my mom with pat-a-cake. She did most of the movements for a while, but now she will only do "and throw it in the oven." Which gets her pretty excited.
She really loves anything having to do with tomatoes. She will eat them like apples and she will eat spoonfuls of pizza sauce, ketchup, and now salsa.
She also loves to make a mess, of course. She was playing with a water bottle, saw that it poured water, poured said water all over the floor, played with the water, and then wiped it up when I brought her a towel.
My brother, his wife, and their two boys came to town, and Bria thoroughly enjoyed reading books with her cousin Tyler and my mom.
Today Bria found one of Sam's Red Sox hats and has been wearing it around the house all day. She loves to put it over eyes and walk around blind, laughing. It makes me fairly nervous, but I did manage to snatch a couple shots before pulling it up so she could see.
So now we're just counting down the days (hours, minutes . . . ) until Sam gets here. We've done some video chats this week, which have been great. And Bria definitely started calling Sam Da-da (not to be confused with the movement), since every time she sees a picture of him, she yells it out and points excitedly.
We're trying to come up with some fun things to do here in SLC so we don't die of boredom; if you have any ideas, please share!
4 comments:
You can see us...July 19-21st. Childrens museaum @ gateway. Aquarium in Sandy. ...I'll try to find some more. Hogle Zoo.
Such cute pictures! And I didn't know Sam was staying for six days! That's really exciting.
Way to stay positive. I admire you. :)
You can get a SLC connect pass where you can do all of this great stuff (including the children's museum and planetarium at the gateway, the aquarium in Sandy, the tram at Snowbird, UMFA, and more) for $20 (for one day), $30 (over two days), $40 (over three days). Not everything you can do is probably super kid-firendly (UMFA), but there's a lot of fun stuff and you can save a lot of money, or just get some ideas of things to do. Check out http://www.visitsaltlake.com/visit/activities/connect_pass/
Holy cow. I've had so much going on lately I have not been reading blogs...and now I see that you have already moved! That is really exciting -- we will miss you! Oh, and Finn also loves to make messes...at least Bria cleaned up after herself!
Post a Comment