02 June 2009

The Update

So . . . Sam and I have been trying to move to Virginia for over a year. This isn't news. But we're finally doing it! Sam's job right now is freelance and we just found out that his contract is up on June 15th. We have been discussing our options for quite a while, but we didn't expect to have to make a decision so soon! So after a rather stressful week or so, we hammered out a plan. On June 22nd, we will put all our stuff into storage and move up to Salt Lake with my parents. Then, the next day, Sam is flying out to Virginia with a one-way ticket. The goal is for Sam to find a job in Virginia as quickly as possible so he can come fetch us from Utah. Needless to say, we are so blessed to have family in both Utah and Virginia.
It's crazy that after six years here, I'm finally leaving Provo! I couldn't be happier! But, on the other hand, change can be difficult and I feel nervous to move to the opposite side of the country. The excitement definitely outweighs the fear, but Bria and I are really going to miss Sam while he's away.

This is what Bria thinks of the plan:
So, we're busy packing things up and enjoying our last weeks in Provo. I'm starting a list of places to go-- mostly restaurants-- before we head out: J-Dawgs, Sweet Tooth Fairy, Sammy's. Wow. We need to get started on that. I'm also getting excited to spend some quality time with my parents before moving away. This will be quite the adventure!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations! We will have to get together before you move!

Jenny said...

Wow! The family of steel is moving on to VA. Congratulations. Hopefully Sam finds what he needs to out there and you guys can move on out there soon. Isn't it crazy to think that you're really moving?! How fun!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE that picture of Bria. I think it captures the emotion you explain really well.

Amanda said...

Oh boy, just wait until you start makin' the restaurant list for DC! Mai Thai, The Afghan Restaurant, Five Guys, Good Stuff Eatery (a burger joint run by the guy who won the first season of Top Chef), Rita's Water Ice, Valentino's Pizzeria, La Piazza, etc. You guys are going to LOVE it out here!

Mike and Emily said...

Good luck! A brave plan...

Janelle said...

That is exciting you'll be in SLC for a bit. We should all get together...perhaps this time we can make you guys that delicious curry!

Josephine said...

Another set of people leaving me behind in Provo! Ahh! I'm VERY happy for you guys though (oh to move on from Provo!)and wish you luck and happiness in your upcoming adventures!

Maranda said...

Wow! How exciting! I'm glad you'll still be in SLC for a while. Maybe we'll get to join you! We really need to get together one last time!

The Spanns said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats!! I know you've wanted this for so long. I agree - we should try to get together one last time! (if you have time) :)