24 July 2009

Maybing biting SHOULD be socially acceptable

Bria has picked up a new habit of getting close to things she knows she can't touch or play with (like my mom's diet coke cans) and saying "no-no" while shaking her finger and her head. It's probably the most adorable thing ever, but I don't know where she picked it up. She does say "no-no" almost exactly as I say it, but I never wag my finger at her. Maybe it is an innate action. Babies are born knowing that finger wagging means NO. But it does make me happy that she understands what she is and is not allowed to play with. Granted, she does bite me sometimes when I say No, but I have high hopes she will soon connect that "no biting!" means "no biting!" (Sadly, she does bite out of joy sometimes, and then I feel bad telling her not to bite, because it makes her cry.)
Today she came into the bathroom while I was putting on makeup and I looked over at her. She was perfectly poised with one of my mom's half-full, open coke cans, ready to tip it into her mouth. She was looking at me out of the corner of her eye, just waiting for me to see her. As soon as I looked at her, she ran away laughing. Apparently I have a sneaky little girl on my hands.

3 comments:

Ashley and Aaron said...

This post is really cute. It can be so hard to tell your kid no when they are being so adorable about being bad. And those pics of Bria in the last post? Forget about it...they should be in a magazine. She is gorgeous.

maryirene said...

hehe. what a cutie. i love how they wait for you to catch them. sammy gets away with so much because of his killer smile, so i know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

How cute is this post...
i love how they wait for you to catch them.

___________________
Vince
Instant loans at an attractive low rates