
The other day I was reading the weekly email I get telling me about Bria's development, and I learned that 18-month-old babies pick up ten or more words per day. Those who are especially focused on speaking skills will pick up a new word every 90 seconds. Zounds! I am constantly amazed at the miracle of being a human. Bria is learning and growing at an astounding rate, and it really is fascinating, thrilling, and amazing to be a part of it.
One word that Bria has down pat is "shesha." What-- you don't know what that means? That's ok. I don't either. But Bria is constantly asking for shesha, pointing to shesha, and telling me all about shesha. (that's a short e sound, by the way.) I am dying to figure out what it means, because it causes great distress to Bria when she keeps asking for shesha and I can't figure out what she means. She even says please, or rather, "peas shesha!" With this very cute, very sincere, very puppy-dog look on her face. I think shesha actually means several things-- which is part of the problem. I do know it can often mean Hunter, one of her cousins. And one time it meant pretzel. So you can see where some of the confusion lies. If I only knew what it meant! I would never mean to deprive my daughter of her beloved shesha-- unless, of course, shesha turns out to mean permanent marker, or scissors, or super glue, or electrical outlet.
2 comments:
sss-sss-sss. good luck finding out what shesha is. sophia used to call Caroline, Arthur (the tv show), and chocolate milk all ya-ya. silly children.
I remember when Hunter used to ask for Guppies all the time. I was baffled for weeks. One day, I told Heidi about it and she said "Guppies for Gavin was grapes!" Sure enough, the next time he said "Guppies??" I handed him grapes and he looked at me like I had FINALLY figured out what life was all about.
Hopefully someone out there can help you decipher sesha. :)
We miss you guys!
Post a Comment